Today is my last day of spring break. And while I SHOULD be frantically tackling my to-do list, I am here blogging about why I never complete it. Hmmm.
REASONS I NEVER GET AS MUCH DONE OVER SPRING BREAK AS I'D LIKE:
1. My to-do list is way too long. This year my list included: catch up on grading, organize my classroom, create new TpT products (too many to list), upload already completed TpT products (but make preview files for them), revise old units, read lots of books, go to baseball games, take lots of pictures at the games, organize & edit pictures, upload pics to Facebook & Flickr, plan out final days of school for seniors & sophomores, watch Frozen, watch 12 Years a Slave, go back to see my parents, and the list goes on... I think I accomplished five things (and they involve movies, baseball games, and pictures).
Movies I watched:
I could not pick more opposite movies to watch, but both were very good. "Twelve Years a Slave" made me cry and "Frozen" made me laugh.
Yet both made me think: what is it inside humans that makes us do evil things? Greed? Selfishness? Lust for power? Funny how both movies touch on the same theme, albeit in much different ways.
2. Some of the things on my list really suck. If I could just list non-productive things (like watching movies and hanging out with family) on my list, I really wouldn't need a list. But I don't want to spend spring break doing sucky things like organizing my classroom. (Or any room, for that matter.) And grading papers is a chore no matter when I have to do it. Over break, I always think I'll have more time "tomorrow" to do these sucky things. Well, guess what I'll be doing TODAY when I finish this blog post!? (If you guessed pinning on Pinterest while procrastinating grading until about 9 p.m., you are probably right on the money.)
3. Break is never long enough. Seriously. It should be at least two weeks. And I know many districts are lucky to get one day. (I feel for you all!) We need at least an extra week to recharge our batteries after spending the first week trying to accomplish our to-do lists.
4. Pinterest. There. I said it. I have a problem and it involves
But isn't this idea genius to catch the drip from your sports cooler (or jumbo thermos...what are these things called?)? It comes courtesy of our chemistry teacher, who took a 2 liter bottle and cut it to hang right over the spout to catch the dripping liquid and protect the floor. (And using a clear one will not only match/blend in, but it looks so much better than just putting a wad of paper towels or napkins on the floor under it.)
When I saw these set up in our teacher's lounge, I immediately thought of taking a picture and pinning it. Does that mean I have a problem??? ;)
5. I procrastinate. Yes, my name is Tracee and I'm a procrastinator. Why do I wait until the last minute for so many things? I don't know. I just do. In my defense, though, we did get our taxes done and it's not even April 15th yet. That has to count for something, right? ;)
Perhaps next year I'll create a more realistic spring break to-do list. If so, I think I could complete it with time to spare. For naps. Or more pinning.
WHAT I DID ACCOMPLISH :)
I did complete a few TpT-related things. If you purchased my DIVERGENT unit, MOCKINGJAY unit, POETRY RESOURCES, VOL. 1 bundle, ARGUMENT WRITING bundle, and other smaller items, check your "My Purchases" page on TpT to re-download the revised products. I've updated many files over break.
I've also added the following new products:
Poetry Book Assignment - includes the requirements/criteria, checklist of types of poems/forms & figurative language/poetic devices, rubrics for grading, and sample poems/books from students.
All in editable PDF format.
Divergent Poetry Activities - Numerous exercises to practice writing, reading, and analyzing poetry. Even if you don't teach this unit, you can use these activities to connect with students in your class who have read it.
For my clip art friends/followers:
Swirly Dots (26 .png files)
Small Circles (28 .png files)
Small Boxes (20 .png files)
Basket Weave (26 .png files)
The highlight of my break?
Watching my son play high school baseball! With the cruddy weather, this week was the first time they could get outside and actually play.
I hope you had (or will have) a very relaxing and productive (if that's what you want) spring break. If not...we're not too far from summer break, right!?
Mua vé máy bay tại Aivivu, tham khảoReplyDelete
vé máy bay đi Mỹ giá rẻ
vé máy bay quốc tế từ mỹ về việt nam
vé máy bay từ đức về việt nam
ve may bay tu nga ve viet nam
giá vé máy bay từ anh về việt nam
bay từ pháp về việt nam mấy tiếng
chi phí vé máy bay cho chuyên gia nước ngoài
Do you need Online Class Help? Tell us to do my class and we will provide you the best online class takers. Take my online class for me in cheap!ReplyDelete
You are not alone in never completing your to-do spring break list; there are thousands of people you can add to this category. The good thing about your blog is that you have written some points that we can change our strategy. Coursework Writing ServicesReplyDelete
Smartphones in the modern era The system and applications are constantly being developed, you should always check to see if your smartphone has system updates. pgslot เว็บตรงReplyDelete
Informative article I concur with this.Your blog is quite attractive. Thank you for allowing me to view this material; it's truly sound. This article has the potential to inspire me greatly.ReplyDelete
abogados de quiebras