|Poem in Your Pocket Day is Thursday, April 18th.|
Thursday (April 18th) is National Poem in Your Pocket Day, sponsored by the Academy of American Poets (Poets.org) and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). UPDATED: 2014 "Poem in Your Pocket Day" is Thursday, April 24th.
It's a day to celebrate poetry and share it with others. But you can celebrate poetry any time. Here are ways to incorporate poetry into your day:
1. As "Poem in Your Pocket" suggests, carry your favorite poem (or poems) with you any day and share it with others. Ask them to share their favorites, as well.
2. Write a poem! If you need help or inspiration, using formula poems can help. Here's a packet that helps you with over 40 formulas: Poetry 9-1-1: First Aid for Writing Poetry.
3. Are you reading a novel in class right now? Which poems do you think would be the characters' favorites? Why? For The Hunger Games fans, check out my post on my Hunger Games Lessons blog that asks this same question.
4. Not reading a novel? Perhaps you are studying someone famous in history class? If so, ask the same question for historical figures: which poem would be Julius Caesar's favorite? How about Benjamin Franklin or Winston Churchill? Give reasons for why you chose this poem for that particular person.
5. Read a poem. It can be a short poem or long poem...it can be any poem. Don't know where to look? Some of my favorite websites for poetry include:
-Modern American Poetry
6. Discuss it! Poetry means different things to different people; this is one of the beautiful things about poems. Two people can have completely different interpretations of a poem, but both are right. Poems even have the power to take on new meanings when we read them at different times in our lives. Choose a poem or two and read with your friends. Then talk about what it means to each of you. When we discuss how a poem makes us feel, it may help someone else relate to it. It's OK if the poem does not speak to you...keep reading and you will find one that does.
7. Listen to others read their favorite poems. On YouTube, you can watch and listen both famous people and people like you and me share their favorite poems by reading them and telling us why it is their favorite.
8. Record a reading of YOUR favorite poem. You can do a video recording (learn more from the Favorite Poem Project website) or you can do an audio recording and upload it to LibriVox.org.
Teachers: You can find resources for teaching poetry here. Also, read more about incorporating poetry into your classroom here on this blog, or on my other blog.
And don't forget to celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day this Thursday!
8 Ways to Incorporate Poetry into Your Day Poem in Your Pocket Day is Thursday! Today we'll talk about poetry and how it can help us find write my dissertation Uk, motivate our day, create new poems, sing them back, make other readers listen, write the next poem—even encourage someone to speak with you.ReplyDelete
Students are constantly searching to buy cheap essays and get a lot of assistance from the finest authors who can facilitate their lives. Only their tasks, which they get every day, were increasing in bulk. If you do the same thing and are unable to fully see the other tasks, Google will do for Today Publisher. We will do all you need to do to ensure that you have no time limits or poor qualifications to worry about. You may now go up to new heights with us in your corner and accomplish more.ReplyDelete
I've been attempting to interface with the wifi consistently during my web-based class :/Will they at any point fix this at by best online classes takers at Take My Online Class For MeReplyDelete
Mua vé tại Aivivu, tham khảoReplyDelete
Ve may bay di My
đăng ký bay từ mỹ về việt nam
ve may bay tu nhat ve viet nam
vé máy bay từ frankfurt đi hà nội
vé máy bay từ canada về việt nam giá rẻ
Lịch bay từ Seoul đến Hà Nội
chi phí vé máy bay cho chuyên gia nước ngoài
I heartily endorse the service I offer, called Name Is Marketing Management Assignment Help, if you're a student. Hearing that you might be a student makes me glad since it makes it an even better service.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
National Poem in Your Pocket Day is an annual event that celebrates poetry and encourages people to share their favorite poems with others. It's a great way to spread the joy of poetry and introduce people to new poets and works.ReplyDelete
Do My Course Online offers a unique opportunity to celebrate National Poem in Your Pocket Day by creating formula poems. Formula poems are short, easy-to-write pieces that follow specific rules and can be used as a starting point for more creative works. With Do My Course Online, you can create your own formula poem quickly and easily, allowing you to share your work with friends or post it online for the world to see!
Get behind the wheel with confidence – Histoire d’Or offers personalized artist lessons tailored to your needs.ReplyDelete
I got many information in this blog keep share more like this its very informative content thanks for sharing. Abogado DUI Warren VAReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing this wonderful, informative blog!ReplyDelete
abogado de lesiones personales virginia